Hong Kong zaprasza biznes
__Asserting its reputation as a city that means business, Hong Kong continues to draw entrepreneurs and SMEs from around the world to set up offices that oversee regional operations.
Based on latest results, 2014 looks set for another bumper year for new business arrivals, which are already stronger than last year.
In the six months to June, Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK), the investment promotion arm of the Hong Kong Government, assisted a record 223 overseas and Chinese mainland companies to set up or expand in Hong Kong – a 4.7 per cent rise compared to the same period last year.
The 223 completed projects came from 38 countries. The mainland was the largest source, accounting for 55 new businesses, followed by the United States (30), Japan (20), France (19) and the United Kingdom (18).
See more at: http://www.hktdc.com
Hong Kong Trader In Focus
__ In Focus
1. Styling China Hong Kong brands are responding to shifting Chinese mainland preference for high-end apparel that reflects individual style. 3 Sept 2014
2. Tasting Success in China’s Food Market Hong Kong food and beverage companies are making strong inroads into the Chinese mainland market through Style Hong Kong shows. 27 Aug 2014
3. Home-grown in Hong Kong Farm-to-table restaurateurs in Hong Kong are proving that fresh is best using locally-grown organic produce. 20 Aug 2014
4. Stars Vie for Slice of Hong Kong Pie Hong Kong’s reputation as a gourmet’s paradise is drawing celebrity restaurateurs from around the world. 13 Aug 2014
5. Door-to-Door Gourmets The trend towards eating-in has sparked a surge in Hong Kong’s home-delivery food business. 6 Aug 2014
6. Recipes for Success Cookbook sales are simmering in Hong Kong and China. 30 July 2014
7. Success Stories Personal development books hit the spot in Hong Kong. 23 July 2014
8. Drawing on the Past Hong Kong’s comic book industry is raising its international profile, thanks to digital technology. 16 July 2014
9. Print Run Hong Kong’s magazine industry is thriving, with a spate of new publications launching in recent months.
Hong Kong Trader's Choice
1. Best of Belgium Hong Kong’s status as Asia’s art hub led Belgian gallery Axel Vervoordt to open in the city. 3 Sept 2014
2. Taking Flight Hong Kong is giving wings to French tech company Parrot, which has made the city its manufacturing and distribution hub. 27 Aug 2014
3. The Danish Dimension Demand for sustainable architecture in developing cities across Asia has led Danish firm Henning Larsen Architects to establish an office in Hong Kong. 20 Aug 2014
4. Beefing Up the Business Butchers Club owner and founder Jonathan Glover has jump-started a craze for dry-aged beef in Hong Kong. 13 Aug 2014
5. The Joy of Gaming The quest for the ultimate smartphone gaming experience led Martin Kessler to a winning business model. 6 Aug 2014
6. The New Luxury A Hong Kong-based luxury wine and travel company is targeting Asia’s most discerning travellers. 30 July 2014
7. Golden Opportunity The expansion of an Australian jewellery firm in Hong Kong highlights the city’s growing importance for the industry’s high-end sector. 23 July 2014
8. Building Outside the Box A Hong Kong-based architectural design firm has come up with an innovative technique to create sculptural wooden structures. 16 July 2014
9. Healthy Choice A British health insurance provider chose to base its business in Hong Kong, “the heart of Asia.” 9 July 2014
10. Business with a Heart Two former marketing executives have launched a Hong Kong-based online retail site to help social enterprises do business. 2 July 2014
11. Party on Online An online party service helps busy Hong Kongers organise celebrations and order party supplies. 25 June 2014
12. Green Fuel from Indonesia Asia’s logistics and trading hub, Hong Kong is proving to be an ideal base for a biomass trading company eager to tap growing demand in the region.
Hong Kong Trader